CHICAGO II Project Process
Since September 2015, the CHICAGO Collaboration II has been holding regular project-wide meetings with key stakeholders including organizational leaders, collaborators and content experts in the school, medical, and community/family sectors.
The project-wide meetings with community members have allowed the team to collect information about existing data, publications, activities, lessons learned, and to assist with planning the community needs assessment and information to consider while refining the ACIP.
An outline of these community meetings are included below:
- Respiratory Health Association held a CHICAGO Collaboration II Kick-Off Meeting on 10/2/15. During this meeting, the CHICAGO Collaboration II leadership team described the project, role of partners and proposed plan for moving forward.
- CHICAGO Collaboration II leadership team hosted additional planning meetings with community members on 12/4/15, 2/4/16 and 4/15/16 to provide an update on project progress and discuss next steps.
- The Institute of Design hosted Research Integration Sessions on 2/19/16, 3/25/16 and 5/6/16. During these meetings, the CHICAGO Collaboration II research team shared preliminary findings, stories and discoveries from CHICAGO II community needs assessment in the medical and school sectors.
- Respiratory Health Association hosted a community meeting on 7/7/16. During this meeting, the CHICAGO Collaboration II leadership team shared findings from the community needs assessment, obtained feedback on proposed model of asthma care (i.e. Asthma Care Implementation Program (ACIP)) and began to identify those interested in participating in clinical trial design.
- Respiratory Health Association hosted the most recent community meeting on 8/5/16. During this meeting, CHICAGO Collaboration II leadership presented results of the U34 community needs assessment (CNA) and to determine stakeholder recommendations for the subsequent U01 study.
View the presentation and notes from this community meeting.
The ACIP 3.0 was presented to our stakeholders for their input in July 2017. Once stakeholder input is fully incorporated, the final clinical trial design and ACIP will be complete.
On August 5, 2016, the CHICAGO Collaboration II leadership held a stakeholder meeting to present results of the U34 community needs assessment (CNA) and to determine stakeholder recommendations for the subsequent U01 study. After the presentation of the CNA results, stakeholders were asked to "rank" a series of intervention options using RE-AIM implementation outcomes. The stakeholders then discussed how to best identify a high-risk target population.