Partnering with medical, nursing and allied health professionals
Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago works with medical, nursing and allied health professionals to promote the best treatment possible for people with lung disease. These medical professionals are on the front lines in their communities, treating and educating patients at hospitals, clinics and research facilities. Respiratory Health Association sponsors two professional societies: Chicago Respiratory Society and Nursing Assembly.Chicago Respiratory Society
- Organizes an annual scientific lecture series on cutting-edge lung health topics given by leading experts in their fields for medical professionals.
- Reviews and recommends research for funding.
- Supports Respiratory Health Association programs and initiatives.
- Consults and volunteers on Respiratory Health Association lung health initiatives.
- Organizes continuing education opportunities for pulmonary nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and other allied health professionals.
- Awards scholarships for master's level nurses interested in the pulmonary field.
For more information, contact Kate Sheridan: