Respiratory Health Association's efforts
Respiratory Health Association approaches the fight against lung cancer on multiple levels, including education, outreach and policy efforts. Current efforts include the following:
- Funding lung cancer research to improve understanding of the causes of lung cancer and to improve early detection and treatment.
- Advocating for increased research funding at the local, state and federal levels.
- Educating medical professionals about lung cancer, in conjunction with Chicago Respiratory Society and Lung Cancer Initiative Advisory members.
- Serving as a resource for patients and families affected by lung cancer.
- Offering a variety of tobacco cessation programs to help people quit smoking.
- Teaching community members how to prevent radon exposure.
- Providing information about lung cancer clinical trials:
For more information, contact Eileen Lowery: