Jobs and Internships
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES - PLEASE NOTE
Respiratory Health Association (501c3) is fully committed to equal opportunity in employment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Respiratory Health Association does not hire persons use tobacco and forbids tobacco use in the workplace.
Office Services Manager
Overview: Respiratory Health Association is seeking a Manager of Technology and Office Services to ensure smooth operations of the business functions of the office, including technology, general administration, and facilities management.
Reports To: President/CEO
Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Work with outside vendor to manage technology needs for a 20+ person staff.
- Oversee facilities management for 20,000 sf office
- Implement procurement and administrative procedures regarding office supplies/equipment.
- Manage office machinery and maintenance programs.
- Coordinate operational aspects of insurance renewals.
- Contract with outside vendors to maximize reliability and performance of the Association’s information systems.
- Ensure offices and environments are safe, secure, and legally compliant.
- Oversee any refurbishments/inter-office moves.
- Organize building maintenance and systems repair work.
- Manage organizational records and files.
- Supervise and coordinate support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in technology management (beyond user experience alone)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft computer applications including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Powerpoint.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Coordinator, Special Events
Respiratory Health Association is seeking a coordinator with a high energy level and outstanding organizational skills to join our fundraising special events team. This position requires administrative skills and proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to learn RHA systems. The candidate should be articulate, personable, and efficient; proficient in handling administrative tasks for multiple events and projects simultaneously; and have the desire to be an event fundraiser. The Coordinator provides support on all special events, including:
• Hustle Up the Hancock
• Hike for Lung Health
• CowaLUNGa Bike Tour
• RHA's Lung Power Team for Chicago Marathon
• CHILL Wine & Culinary Event
• Various receptions
The coordinator reports to the Senior Director and works in a fast-paced, deadline-heavy environment. RHA's events are scheduled during evenings and weekends throughout the year where attendance is required. Click here for the complete job description.
To apply for the Coordinator, Special Events position: Email resume with cover letter and salary requirement by March 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line.