Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD
The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD recognizes innovation and continued progress among Chicago-area health professionals and others in the prevention, treatment and cure for COPD.
The award is being established by Kathleen Hart Solovy in memory of her husband, Jerold S. Solovy, a distinguished Chicago trial lawyer and former chairman of Jenner & Block. Jerold Solovy lived for many years with COPD, and both Jerold and Kathleen recognized the health burden to those who live with COPD.
- The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD is made to an individual, living or working in metropolitan Chicago, who has made an outstanding contribution to improving the quality of life for people living with COPD.
- The award may recognize either a body of work accomplished over the career of the awardee or for specific accomplishments during the year preceding the awardee’s nomination.
- Accomplishments underlying a nomination may be in the area(s) of research, education or advocacy. This award is not limited to scientific accomplishment or direct patient care.
- The award will be presented at a reception hosted by Respiratory Health Association on June 23, 2016 in downtown Chicago. It is preferred that the awardee be present to accept the award.
- The award will be accompanied by an honorarium of $1,000.
Please complete and submit the Nomination Form below by April 30, 2016 to be considered for the The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD: