Chicago Respiratory Society
For more than 20 years, the Chicago Respiratory Society (CRS) has been a local leader for health care professionals concerned about respiratory care. We are a membership organization that includes doctors, nurses, scientists, respiratory therapists and other health care professionals interested in respiratory care. Each year, Chicago Respiratory Society organizes a scientific lecture series for medical professionals on a variety of cutting-edge lung health topics given by leading experts in the field.
Specifically, the Chicago Respiratory Society:
- Educates medical professionals and disseminates research findings through the annual Scientific Lecture Series, Catch Your Breath: Women and Lung Health Conference and medical education programs at community hospitals.
- Collaborates with other organizations, including the NIOSH Spirometry Course.
- Advocates for patients at the local, state and federal levels.
- Provides leadership and assistance to physicians and medical professionals who treat patients with lung disease.
- Reviews applications for research funding and makes recommendations.
- Supports Respiratory Health Association's programs and initiatives.
For membership information, view our membership page.